Friday, September 12, 2008

Canning, Canning and more Canning!!!!


Today is Friday and since our kids are in school now and Justin has friday's off from work we get creative with projects or I do and I am not sure why I do the things I do and drag Justin into the mix of things. Last week we decided or I decided to change the color on our front door to black to match the new roof so I mentioned it to Justin and with some little excuses of why it isn't a good ideal, we started the project and a project it was, but in all looks great. This week I decided to mention canning and Justin again had a few reasons why we shouldn't do it and being the sport that he is, we were off on a mission. We found peaches and rasberries and little baby cucumbers and this is the ending result. I am so proud of my dear husband for being a sport and going along with my wild adventures because I know there is nothing that he would rather do then to stay home with me all day and cook. NOT!!! I love you Justin!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we are going to do grape juice and pears, but he doesn't know that yet! I will mention that in the morning. Ha Ha!!


4 comments:

haley said...

were the pickles hard to do? i would love to do some of those. so far, i've only attempted fruit. this week it is going to be apples, apples, and more apples. wanna come play?

hemming family said...

Nice job! I need to learn how to can. Did that take you very long? And by the way, I love your doors! Even Ben noticed them.

stephanie said...

Good job Jake (and Justin!) I've been up to my elbows in peaches recently-jams, pies, frozen yogurt, etc. I too noticed your doors---they look nice.

kaleyq said...

I keep meaning to tell you how fabulous your doors look! And look at you--your new laurels will be so impressed with your canning skills. Way to go Justin! Who knew?! I could use a lesson in canning.