Monday, January 5, 2009


I hope everybody is having a wonderful New Year, the kids are back in school and life is back on track all though I really miss sleeping in and also I miss the kids just hanging out around the house.

BUT.... let me just tell you what I did today I made little loafs of bread for dinner tonight and let me tell you my MIL gave me all the makings to this new thing, I am telling you what I am a bread making fool, I have made breadsticks, bread, cinnamon rolls all kinds of breadsticks sweet and cheesy and I have made them all in 1 hour or less. It is the best thing ever I love bread and so does my family, tomorrow I am making Calzones for dinner. It is soooooo easy and my family loves the bread, I am so excited. My MIL found a lady here that made this up and she came to her Enrichment night, the lady has a DVD on how to make different things and it is amazing. I used to think that bread is so hard and it kinda overwelmed me a little, my mom used to make bread but it took all day to make it and so that scares me alittle I remember having to push it down and push it down, with this you only raise for 25 minutes if that and cook for 25 minutes. I can't say enough good about it.

I started making these loafs around 12:50 today and was done and the mess cleaned up by 2:15 and I also talked on the phone half the time. I am really not trying to brag but it really is easy and if I can do it you can. The 2 on the right got a little out of hand but oh well. now I just need one of my friends little loaf pans.

3 comments:

don and jacki said...

Looks like you're hooked, too. Me and all my girls are, too. Ya gotta try the pizza sauce mix that she sales! It's the best! Call me and we'll talk! Jacki

stephanie said...

Last year I got the video and a Bosch mixer. I set a goal to not buy store bought bread (unless I was in a crunch.) Guess what I did it! I only bought store bread a handful of times ALL year. I love how fast and easy it is. Your loaves look GREAT. I usually do a 60/40 mix of white and wheat for bread loaves, but I still like white breadsticks and calzones, etc.

Melanie Anne said...

those little loaves look so delish!! Good job! Wow